Now that the Memorial Day BBQ/Beach weekend is over, the extended family is headed back home! This means a lot more drivers on the road then usually. Having more drivers on the road equals more traffic, and a higher percentage of accidents that could occur. One of the reasons for the increased rate in accidents could be chalked up to something called “Road Rage”. Sitting in a hot car stuck in traffic, miles away from your destination is bound make anyone feel a little on edge. Below are the top ten Driving Pet Peeves that could set a person off, and increase the likelihood of an accident to occur.
10. Drivers who leave their turn signal on for miles
9. Women applying makeup and men shaving
8. Motorcyclists who race down the middle of a lane, between cars
7. Aggressive Driving
6. Hasty drivers who change lanes without signaling
5. Obnoxious drivers who speed up to keep you from changing lanes
4. Drivers who weave through traffic to gain one or two car lengths
3. Pushy drivers who tailgate
2. Slow drivers in the fast lane
1. Distracted drivers talking on cell phones
During these hot summer days it’s important to keep a cool head. Showing a little patience in the face of those little things that bother you can keep you safe, and prevent a phone call to your insurance company. The last thing you want to tell your insurance company is that you got into a significant fender bender, due to vengefully tailgating another driver because that driver had cut you off.
Stay cool, stay smart, be safe.