Insuring That “Jersey Shore” House

Summer is here! It’s time to head over to that summer shore house and party! This summer when you make that check list of items needed for the big bash this season, make sure renter’s insurance is included on that list!

Renter’s insurance? What’s that?

No, it’s not a new name brand beer. Very simply, renters insurance is almost like a homeowners insurance policy
for those who rent their place of residence. Whether your living in a
condo, apartment, house, duplex, etc., renters insurance can protect you
and your assets. Having renter’s insurance can help devoid costs of
damages should anything happen to a rental property that you are living

I thought my landlord’s insurance will cover me…

Nope. Rule number 1: Never assume your landlords homeowners insurance will cover you
and your assets. You know what they say about assuming. Truth be told a landlord’s policy  only covers the physical structure
of the rental property, not your belongings. So If the person who owns the
building has rental insurance, they will be protected from costs to them
should something happen to the building, but they are not responsible
for covering your belongings.

So I should probably look into this…

Yep! Purchasing renter’s insurance ensures that your property is
protected. You love your stuff right? So it would make sense that you would
need insurance for
your belongings, even if you live in a rental property. You have the power, and you are the only
one who is responsible for protecting your assets.

The party starts tonight, where do I begin?

Glad you asked! Start with American Insurance Services Agency, we specialize in renter’s insurance, so you can kick off your summer right!

-Robert Catalano