How about this heat lately? Keeping cool is extremely important in the summer months. High temperatures can result in heat-related
illnesses such as heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Here are some tips to help you
keep cool all summer long.
- For those of you that work out – try to work out in the evening taking advantage of the cooler temperatures.
- Try to wear loose-fitting
clothing, preferably of a light color.
- The best material to wear is cotton clothing will keep you cooler then other materials
- Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the
refrigerator for a quick refreshing spray to your face after being outdoors.
- Fans can help circulate air and make you feel cooler
even in an air-conditioned house.
- Play it smart by keeping plastic bottles of water in the freezer. When you leave the house to grab
one, the ice will eventually melt, and you’ll have a supply of
water with you.
- Cool down by taking frequent baths or showers.
- The most common tip is staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Try to avoid caffeine and alcohol – these types of beverages promote dehydration.
- Use common sense! If the heat is
intolerable, which it has been lately – stay indoors!