It’s almost DECEMBER! What the heck happened to November? Well this season make sure to avoid many dangerous winter travel problems by planning
ahead. It goes without saying that you should have maintenance service on your vehicle as often as the
manufacturer recommends. In addition, every fall season you should:
- Have the radiator system serviced, or check the antifreeze level yourself with an antifreeze tester. Add antifreeze, as needed.
- Replace windshield-wiper fluid with a wintertime mixture.
- Replace any worn tires, and check the air pressure in the tires.
During winter, keep the gas tank near full to help avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
Keep your car fueled and in good working order. Be sure to check the following:
- Windshield wiper fluid (wintertime mixture)
- Emergency flashers
- Tires (air pressure and wear)
- Brake fluid