Severe weather can be both frightening and dangerous when driving. Motorists should know the safety rules for dealing with winter
road emergencies. Besides getting you the best New Jersey auto insurance quotes, we here at American Insurance Services Agency would also like to remind you to be cautious while driving in
adverse weather. Follow these tips to stay safe during the winter season.
American Insurance Services Agency recommends the following winter driving tips:
- Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of
rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.