Wow! Love the brand new whip! Make sure you protect that sweet ride with some quality New Jersey auto insurance now! You definitely want to make that car last as long as possible and stay in top condition ya know!? Here are some things to remember once you pull out of the dealer’s lot:
1. Be gentle during the break-in period
- The break-in period, typically is considered as the first 1,000 miles, so keep your speed under 55 mph or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
- Try to avoid heavy loads on the drive train, such as towing trailers, and loading the roof rack or trunk with heavy construction materials.
- Do not let your new car idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during the break in stage.
- Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.
- Stay protected – Do not forget to purchase New Jersey auto insurance!!