Hey, it’s tough being a guy – especially if you’re in the market to get New Jersey car insurance. Men generally pay higher premiums than women.
This is because insurance companies see men as a bigger risk for accidents due to their riskier driving habits, and accidents which result in insurance companies having to make payouts. Lucky for us guys are things that we can do to try and lower our rates.
One of the easiest things we can do is simply turn 25. This is the age at which insurers start to lower rates because they believe more responsibility fosters more cautious driving.
So if you’ve turned 25 and you haven’t had any driving infractions, your rate will start to come down. Also, if your married, you will see your rates drop because Insurers view it as a sign that you have become more responsible. Look at you..all grown up now!
Don’t have a significant other? Well here are some other discounts you could qualify for:
- Low-Mileage Discount. If you’re not the typical joy-riding guy, and drive fewer miles than the average, you might
qualify for a rate break.
- Pay-in-Full Discount. Some companies give you a break if you pay your premium in one payment, rather than installments.
- Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft Device, Airbag. Having these safety features – which usually must be factory installed – can help you save.
- Passive Restraint Discounts. Do you have those seat belts that automatically buckle you in? Well your insurer would love it if you did.
- Bundled Insurance Discount. Offered for auto and home, or multiple auto insurance policies with the same company.
It’s always best to check with your agent if any of these discounts could apply to you. Call us today at (732) 680-4444 to find out! We’d love to get you men the best New Jersey car insurance rates along with the best coverage! Stop overpaying!