19
Sep

10 Weird Car Facts

Have you ever stopped and wondered about how your car became the vehicle it is today? Well we have — and by doing some research we found some interesting and weird facts about the vehicles we drive everyday.

1. The first cars didn’t have

steering wheels. Drivers had to steer with a lever! So basically, it was

just like a gaming console…but REAL!

2. The first car radio was invented in 1929. Don’t ask me what people listened to on long trips before this.

3. The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world today! That’s a win-win for environmentalists right?

4. Over 90% of car owners admit to singing behind the wheel. Clearly the other 10% are lying…

5. Japan produced the most passenger vehicles/most total vehicles world wide in 2006. Of course.

6. The city with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita is Hong Kong. Certainly hog hogging it no?

7. On average a human being spends

two weeks of their entire lives waiting for traffic lights to

change. Funny, it felt like that yesterday waiting at the light.

8. An airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to inflate after an accident. Kinda slow right?

9. The United States has almost one car per person. That’s right, even babies.

10. The Most Expensive Car in 2010 Cost Over Two Million Dollars. Luckily only 3 of these were ever produced.