The weather is getting even colder here in New Jersey, meaning the water pipes in your home could be at risk to freeze! So in an effort to prevent the possibility of an NJ Homeowners Insurance claim we’ve complied some quick and easy tips to prevent damage caused by frozen pipes!
- Keep your thermostat the same temperature throughout the entire day. This may raise your heating bill, but in-turn prevent a more costly repair job caused by frozen pipes.
- If you are leaving town for a while, make sure you set the thermostat in your home to no lower than 65ºF.
- Try opening cabinets in your kitchen and bathroom to let the warmer air circulate around the plumbing. Obviously remove any cleaners or chemicals out of the reach of children.
- Allowing cold water to run thorough your faucets will help prevent freezing.
- If you have water supply lines in your garage, keep the garage doors closed!!
For Insurance in New Jersey, American Insurance Services Agency is
your Insurance Agent of choice. We offer affordable NJ auto, business
and home insurance coverage and policies.Contact us today online or by calling (732) 680-4444