With snow storms bearing down here in New Jersey, you will want to do anything you can to avoid a potentialauto insurance claim while driving. The best way to do this is to avoid driving altogether. But if you have to be out there on the road follow these 5 tips for driving in the snow.
Here’s what you need to know before heading out:
- Keep extra distance between yourself and other cars, to account for slow
braking. With antilock brakes, apply steady pressure. With non-antilock
brakes, gently pump the brakes.
- In the event of a skid, ease off the gas, do not brake (until the car is
under control), and carefully steer in the direction you want the front
of the car to go.
- Accelerate slowly, to improve traction.
- Avoid stopping fully, and do not stop when driving uphill.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full, to avoid gas line freeze up (when
moisture in the air in the tank freezes, clogging the line).
For Insurance in New Jersey, American Insurance Services Agency is
your Insurance Agent of choice. We offer affordable NJ auto, business
and home insurance coverage and policies.Contact us today online or by calling (732) 680-4444