Basic knowledge about protecting your home on extremely windy days, like today in New Jersey, could save you money from repairs, avoid NJ homeowners insurance claims, and even save lives.
Extreme natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards are all threats to any home because of the high winds they can create.
Before the next wind storm comes to town check out these 5 tips to protect your home from wind damage:
- Make sure your roof’s sheathing has been securely
installed to at least minimal code requirements.
- Consider having hurricane ties installed, to create a tighter bond between your home’s walls and the
- Make sure your roof’s gable ends are securely connected to the rest of the roofing structure.
- Check any garage or double doors you may have and verify that they have been installed correctly.
- Increase window protection by outfitting all windows with storm shutters.
For Insurance in New Jersey, American Insurance Services Agency is
your Insurance Agent of choice. We offer affordable NJ auto, business
and home insurance coverage and policies.Contact us today online or by calling (732) 680-4444