Taking a drive a night? Whether you are on a lonely side street or a dark desert highway with the cool wind in your hair it pays off to be extra cautious.
Here a few safety tips for nighttime driving:
- The darkness affects your visibility so allow extra room to slow down and break.
- Low beams allow you to see 150 feet ahead. High beams allow you to see 500 feet ahead
- Soften the interior lighting, and keep the dashboard lights on low.
- A bright contrast can be distracting. If a driver behind you is using brights, angle your mirror downward. If that doesn’t do the trick, pull over to allow the drive to pass your car
- Avoid distractions like phone calls or texts.
- Be sure your headlights are clean and check that windshield wipers work
- Feeling sleepy? Drive to a safe rest stop. A 15 minute power nap is an effective and efficient way to obtain needed rest.
Driving night requires extra precaution so let safety light the way!
For Insurance in New Jersey, American Insurance Services Agency is
your Insurance Agent of choice. We offer affordable NJ auto, business
and home insurance coverage and policies. Contact us today online or by calling (732) 680-4444