The weather is absolutely perfect for a joy ride in your car. Keep in mind that you are sharing the road with others who plan on enjoying the weather on their motorcycles. As a driver you have to be extra cautious for motorcyclists now more then ever! To help you avoid a disaster with a motorcycle follow these safety tips!
- Motorcycles can be hard to spot, so always look for them, especially when checking traffic at an intersection.
- Motorcycles may look farther away than it is. Predict that a motorcycle is closer than it looks.
- Motorcycles often look like they are moving faster than they really are.
- Allow 3 or 4 seconds of distance when following a motorcycle. Bikers may slow down at
intersections without visual warning.
- Motorcycle turn signals are usually not self-canceling and some bikers may forget to turn them off.
often adjust position within a lane to be seen more easily and to stray
clear of road debris, passing cars, and wind. Understand that these
position shifts aren’t to be reckless, show off, or allow you to share a
lane with them.
- When a motorcycle is in motion, don’t think of it as a motorcycle – think of it as a person.
For Insurance in New Jersey, American Insurance Services Agency is your Insurance Agent of choice. We offer affordable NJ auto, business and home insurance coverage and policies. Contact us today online or by calling (732) 680-4444.