Will My NJ Homeowners Insurance Cover My Boat?
Many believe that their NJ Homeowners Insurance will cover their boat in the even of an accident. Certain NJ homeowners insurance policies may include some kind of
coverage for your boat, but we recommend purchasing additional coverage to be fully insured. Your NJ homeowners insurance policy may provide basic liability coverage for
boat-related incidents, but the following boat insurance coverages are
not included within your policy:
- Agreed value/total loss replacement coverage
- Emergency labor and towing coverage
- Fuel-spill liability coverage
- Wreckage removal coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured boaters coverage
- Roadside assistance coverage
Do not assume that your NJ homeowners policy will pick up the tab in the event that any of the above should occur. Check with your agent today to see if your boat is fully protected from the worst!